Website Oakes Creative House
Oakes Creative House is a woman-owned business out of Edmond, Oklahoma that specializes in graphic design and marketing services geared towards small business owners, startups and nonprofits.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those interested in building their skills and who are looking for a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will be working with:
- Crystal Oakes, our founder and lead creative, who has an extensive background in graphic design and marketing including brand management in over 22 countries and 7 languages!
- Our freelance team of writers, strategists, designers and developers. You must be comfortable working both with a creative team and independently.
- Our amazing lineup of clients who are incredibly passionate about what they do.
We play a supporting role when it comes to our clients’ marketing. We lead with education and believe in doing everything we can to help them grow. As a content writer, it is important for you to latch on to their enthusiasm and help ensure the content posted on their website, social media, blogs, newsletters, etc, uses today’s best marketing techniques to generate sales.
Job type: Full time, virtual, entry-level, hourly position
Pay scale depends on experience.
Please email us a cover letter, resume and a few samples of your work. If you don’t have samples readily available, try writing a few social media posts or a blog that would be fitting for Oakes Creative House! Samples are used to observe content creation skill and style.
- Research, write, edit, and coordinate scheduling of clear and engaging content for social media, blogs and newsletters within specific deadlines for both Oakes Creative House and our clients
- Brainstorm topic ideas and create editorial calendars for social media, blogs and newsletters
- Work with clients on content approvals while truly listening to their feedback so we can level up their content in the future
- Coordinate with our team of freelance writers in regards to strategy, deadlines, approving and proofing content, etc.
- Communicate with clients to draw out information needed for content.
- Perform other minor digital marketing activities as needed, such as creating written content for brochures, flyers and small design projects.
- Conduct research when needed to familiarize yourself with industries, topics, etc.
- Research and stay up to date on copywriting and marketing best practices
The ability to write a sales-focused website will be required learning in one-on-one training with Crystal. This skill set will be used at times to write web copy and will at other times be used to proofread and review content provided from our freelance team.
We are seeking a skilled copywriter who is also comfortable editing copy from other writers and managing projects. If your skills fall more into copy editing and project management, we encourage you to still apply for this position, as there is some flexibility in the primary responsibilities of the role and its fit within our staff and freelance teams.
- Familiarity with social media best practices and platforms
- Familiarity with marketing best practices
- Ability to switch between various content voices is a must
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner, at times under tight deadlines.
- Familiar with DropBox, Slack, Google Suite and Google docs
- Knowledge of Canva, Asana, WordPress and MailChimp is preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable working on a Mac platform
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required
- Almost no mistakes in written content after self-proofing
- Strong knowledge of English grammar
- Ability to create clear, engaging, informative text
- Ability to create text that has an emotional pull
- Receptive to feedback
- Can connect with clients and make them feel comfortable via email, phone and Zoom.
- Can interpret clients’ words and behavior to suggest creative ways to
- Generate business
- Create leads
- Increase brand awareness
- Must have a strong desire to learn and take in feedback
- Ability to take direction well, work independently and be a self-starter
- Genuinely interested in other people and what they do for a living
- Willingness to learn from mistakes
- Believes that the services we provide are beneficial to our clients
- Enjoys doing and learning new things
- Interested in staying up-to-date on industry trends
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The employer reserves the right to modify, change or add to the duties of this job description at any time. The employee understands and acknowledges that this position is terminable at will at any time by Oakes Creative House. All client’s names and contact information remain the property of Oakes Creative House and cannot be taken or used. All graphics, photos, videos, written content, strategies and proprietary information remains the property of Oakes Creative House and cannot be used for other purposes other than approved portfolio display.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Writers & Editors: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.