Steady freelance work that pays on time! Foodie.com is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least three years of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on food, cooking, and dining content. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. The position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
We all eat to live, but if you live to eat, Foodie is the place for you — where it’s not just about filling your belly, it’s about the experience. If your camera eats before you do, and you’re willing to drive three hours to try the newest viral bite, you’ve found your people. We bring you everything you need to live your Foodie life to the fullest.
From food trends to cooking tips, dining advice you can trust, food hacks you have to try, and the latest from your favorite celebrity chefs, we’ve got you covered as you take on your next food-filled adventure.
Feature Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim feature article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research, pitch, and write 2600- to 3000-word articles in a custom CMS with a one-week to one-day turnaround, depending on the topic and timeliness of the article
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
Compensation: 8 cents per word
Minimum three years of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content we share on Foodie.com (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
All content on Static Media's sites is written entirely by humans. While we understand AI-written content is becoming prevalent, any articles submitted using AI during the hiring process will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $15.00 – $21.00 per hour
- professional writing or editing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.