JOB DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS
A career in Medical Transcription can be very rewarding. The growing field of Medical Transcription allows for flexibility as well as substantial income. You can earn as much as $40,000 per year. Transcribers are in high demand in today's workplace as the healthcare industry continues to grow and the insurance industry requires more and more documented information every day. Become a part of this exciting and growing field!
As a Medical Transcriptionist you will transcribe reports recorded by physicians and other healthcare practitioners. The types of documents include items such as, letters, chart notes and reports. You will work from home via a virtual project management site. You will be transcribing audio recordings into printed reports. These recordings, dictated by physicians or other healthcare professionals, become part of permanent written records by way of your transcription services.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Transcribing dictation for a variety of reports, including:
- Patient histories
- Physical examinations
- Emergency room visits
- Chart reviews
- Discharge summaries
- Translating medical jargon and abbreviations into their expanded forms
- Ensuring the accuracy of patient and health care facility records
- Editing as necessary and returning reports in electronic form for review
- Completing work on time, within a 24 hour time frame
Find out more...