As an Electronic Remittance Specialist, you play a vital role in Billing Operations, balancing, interpreting EOBs’ and/or ERA files for posting of insurance, patient payments and denials which can be received via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) or paper EOB. You contribute to our team's success. At Vituity we know the impact you can have.
Join the Vituity Team. At Vituity, our core values matter. We embody a Culture of Caring by approaching every human interaction with compassion and heart. With a Servant Leadership philosophy, we focus on what we can accomplish when we put our patients and colleagues first. An Ownership Mentality means we all have mutual accountability to drive positive change for Vituity as a whole. Finally, our focus on Innovation enables all of us to re-imagine healthcare and bring about lasting change. Ultimately, we are unified around the common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives, and we believe everyone has a role to play in that. Help us shape the future of healthcare.
Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can take your job with you.
- Review and interpret Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) files or Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to ensure they balance to the corresponding Electronic Transfer Fund (EFT) Deposits.
- Follow up on outstanding and/or out of balance deposits in PARM (Payment Automation/Reconciliation Manager).
- Contact insurance carriers and utilize payer websites to obtain necessary information for processing of EFT deposits
- Review and update patient accounts to reflect the correct Financial Classification (FC), Contract ID (CID) and Insurance key based on the Electronic Remittance Advice Query to ensure accounts reflect payment from the correct payer.
- Review outstanding Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) batches for assigned payers to ensure timely posting and aging requirements are met. Aging is to be kept within 45 days of creation date.
- Post Electronic Payments and Denials in the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) tab in Payment Automation Reconciliation Manager (PARM) application and CPU/AS400 Billing System.
- Review Open Batch Query to resolve outstanding aging electronic batches.
- Maintain current knowledge of payment posting practices by attending meetings, training sessions and seminars.
- Post paper check payment packs via PARM (Payment Automation/Reconciliation Manager).
- Process ACT Code (SC) Share of Cost, (OC) Outside Collections, (RT) Retractions.
- Complete ACT (Activity Code Tracking) codes related to Billing Team inquiry on payments pending for outstanding patient accounts receivable.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least one year of work experience in a related field required
- Payment representative or equivalent experience is preferred
Even when you are working remotely, you are an important part of the Vituity Community. We offer plenty of opportunities to engage with other Vitans through a variety of virtual meet-and-greets, events and seminars.
- Monthly wellness events and programs such as yoga, HIIT classes, and more
- Trainings to help support and advance your professional growth
- Team building activities such as happy hours and holiday celebrations
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunities to attend Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) events including LGBTQ+ History, Día de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
Benefits & Beyond*
Vituity cares about the whole you. With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for the future.
- Superior health plan options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, Life and AD&D coverage, and more
- Top Tier 401(k) retirement savings plans that offers a $1.20 match for every dollar up to 6%
- Outstanding Paid Time Off: Four weeks’ vacation, Paid holidays, Sabbatical
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Professional and Career Development Program
- EAP, travel assistance and identify theft included
- Wellness program
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including LGBTQ+ History, Día de los Muertos Celebration, Money Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our patients, communities, and employees.
To apply for this job please visit careers.vituity.com.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.