Do you follow relationship drama from everyone from the Kardashians to the royal family? Do you often wonder about how astrology, Instagram, and texting impact people’s love lives? Are you interested in interviewing therapists, matchmakers, and breakup coaches about their best dating advice? If yes, then Elite Daily's Dating Writer position is for you.
Elite Daily is seeking a Dating Writer to cover evergreen dating service pieces, stories about the intersection of dating and astrology, and timely celebrity dating news. Interested applicants should be equally comfortable writing features and news, and should be well-informed about what dating and relationships look like in 2021, celebrity couples, reality dating shows (particularly The Bachelor and its spinoffs), and astrology. Candidates should have a unique perspective and voice, possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content, and be comfortable writing on tight deadlines. Experience with breaking news is a plus. At least 2+ years of experience in writing and/or blogging is preferred.
Writers will work remotely. We're looking for writers with availability to work two to three shifts a week, either 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET, between Monday and Friday.
- Write 3 articles per day — a mix of celebrity relationship news stories and evergreen dating stories
- Package posts for both search and social optimization with enticing headlines and images
- Maintain relationships with expert sources
- 2+ years of writing and/or blogging experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- A passion for dating and relationships
- Knowledge of popular, trending celebrity couples
- A basic understanding of the 12 astrological signs
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and sharp writing skills
- Experience with research and reporting
- Proficiency writing in AP Style
- Ability to work independently, checking in with your editor throughout the shift
- Availability to work remotely
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.