Data Operations Assistant (Remote or LA)
What is Ranker?
What is Ranker? Ranker is the people-powered source of definitive rankings. Our editors have curated tens of thousands of lists about all aspects of pop culture and beyond. Millions of visitors shape these rankings by voting, making Ranker the ultimate source for the best (and worst) of everything. We also turn the over one billion votes cast on Ranker into opinion graphs of consumer sentiment across all of entertainment and more. These are deep psychographics of what fans love at very granular levels across shows, films, celebrities, games, music and countless other categories. Curated by experts. Powered by people.
Data Operations Assistant
We are looking for a part-time Data Operations Assistant to join our team. We are looking for a detail-oriented pop-culture enthusiast, who has comprehensive knowledge of and passion for film, TV, sports, music, video games, or a combo therein. If you are the kind of person who tracks what you’re watching or reading, in a spreadsheet for fun, that’s the passion we’re looking for.
How many countries has The Office been made in and what characters are in every version? What does “Post-punk” mean? When playing Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is it the interrelated connections between the other actors that you think are interesting? These are the kinds of questions we are faced with every day, and knowing the answer, and/or having the skills to find the answer in a timely fashion, is what we are looking for.
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) with flexible hours. We are remote-friendly and welcome candidates from California, New York, Arizona, Illinois, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Pennsylvania.
What This Role Entails:
- Reviewing content for quality regarding copyediting, data accuracy and integrity, broken links and consistency
- Taking the lead on cleanup projects, including monitoring and making corrections as necessary
- Providing research on existing lists and items in our system in an effort to improve quality and integrity
- Making suggestions and improvements that improve the value of the brand
What You'll Need:
- Strong copyediting and research skills
- Relentless attention to detail while multitasking in fast-moving environments
- Demonstrable comfort with Google Sheets & Excel, and learning new CMS systems
- Demonstrated passion for solving information puzzles
- A strong ability to triage
- Reliability and consistency within sometimes repetitive data work
- Previous experience monitoring data and/or image cleanup at a website, magazine, newspaper, school publication or library is a huge PLUS
- A positive, outgoing and engaging demeanor
JOB URL: https://ranker.bamboohr.com/careers/61
To apply for this job please visit ranker.bamboohr.com.