The Osborne Association serves individuals, families, and communities affected by the criminal justice system. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for people to heal from and repair harm, restore their lives, and thrive. We challenge systems rooted in racism and retribution and fight for policies and practices that promote true safety, justice, and liberation.
It is our shared belief and core value that we honor everyone’s capacity to change, celebrate our shared humanity, are united in our pursuit of justice and equity, when we make a commitment all possible steps are taken to keep our word, and we will continue to advocate for people and principles with fierce and tenacious determination, making us unstoppable.
The Osborne Association is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Grants Management team in our Brooklyn location. The data entry specialist works in collaboration with the data entry specialist(s), Sr. Program Analyst, and direct service staff to gather, review, and record program service activity on a daily basis. Reviews program activity in both program documentation and electronic records ensuring activity is captured accurately and in compliance with funder expectations. Works with team members to organize and prepare monthly program activity for the voucher submission to the funder. Provides quality assurance through regular review and interpretation of data. Works with team members to troubleshoot the data entry and reporting process to ensure accurate reporting of program performance.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
The position is 100% in remote work and is subject to change with or without notice.
- Checks source documents for accuracy
- Organizes and files documentation weekly to prepare for monthly or quarterly billing and auditing.
- Verifies and corrects data where necessary
- Obtains further information from staff for incomplete documents.
- Updates data and deletes unnecessary files
- Combines and rearranges data from source documents where required
- Enters data from source documents into prescribed computer database.
- Transcribes information into required electronic format
- Checks completed work for accuracy.
- Maintains logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- Responds to requests for information and accesses relevant files
- Prints information when required.
- Complies with data integrity and security policies
- Prepare, compiles, and sorts documents for data entry
- Assists with data reports required by Osborne’s public and private funders and ensures that reports are submitted on a timely basis
- Maintains financial data in accordance with Osborne’s policies and those of its funders. Supports the audit process. Protects and secures all financial information as required
- Maintains positive working relationships with funders and capably interprets Osborne’s mission, performance, and challenges
- Performs other duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience using data management systems, Microsoft Office Suite and in particular Microsoft Excel preferred. Experience in data entry preferred but not required.
One to two years of professional experience in a human service organization is preferred. Experience in data entry is preferred. Knowledge of the criminal justice system helpful.
Related Skills or Knowledge
Must be deadline-driven and analytical. Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated customer service orientation. PC literate, with MS Office and Excel preferred. Data entry experience preferred, preferably with Salesforce. Proven ability to learn new software and/or database programs. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Fluency in written and spoken English required. Ability to work with a team. Excellent time management. Willing to work at Rikers Island on occasion.
Other Requirements: When public health restrictions allow, regularly required to travel among Osborne’s program sites in the Bronx, Harlem, and Brooklyn.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.