You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 2:00pm to 11:00pm EST.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Enter patient demographics and insurance information
- Enter patient charges into system
- Work System, Payer and Claims Manager edits for all charges.
- Send, answer and process To – Dos as required.
- Review Electronic Billing Reports for rejected claims, and correct as needed.
- Generate billing files.
- Review unprinted paper claim batches
- Review Open Electronic Claim batches
- Enter patient co – pays and deductibles.
- Enter unapplied payments in system.
- Other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- Employees are required to work Monday through Friday from 2pm to 11pm EST.
- 2+ years of data entry experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (ability to create word documents, excel spreadsheets, and ability to calendar and check emails through Outlook)
- Adobe Standard, ability to split documents and remove blank pages
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Windows explorer file maintenance experience.
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to move documents between folders
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telephone, scanner
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.