Website Purdue University
The Part Time Data Entry Administrative Clerk is responsible for data entry of transcripts and other data related to the Office of the Registrar. This position is accountable for compiling, verifying, processing, maintaining, and/or recording various information types. The Data Entry Administrative Clerk maintains a high standard of data quality for information recorded in our internal systems and ensures compliance with our policies and data regulations. This position ensures strict confidentiality of records.
What to expect in the role:
- Performs the preparation, data entry, verification, and editing of confidential data. Responsible for checking data and information for minor changes.
- Creates, maintains, and purges specified data files and logs as required; makes individual and/or mass corrections, modifications, and/or updates to data in files, as appropriate.
- Extracts and releases information according to specified criteria and in strict compliance with established policies, procedures and/or regulations; answers questions from client departments and others on specific data as requested.
- Performs limited data analysis; may prepare and generate various reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED; Some college/Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 0-2 years clerical and/or data entry experience.
What we're looking for:
- Computer knowledge with skills in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow processes, collaborate, work effectively on a team, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication style and method to suit different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a professional demeanor with people at all levels within the organization and from diverse backgrounds.
- This is a Part-Time position. The target rate is $15/hr.
- This is a remote position; no relocation required. Candidates must be based in and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.purdue.edu.