The Lending Service Center (LSC) strives to offer best in class customer service to create and sustain lasting customer relationships. LSC Support Specialists are responsible for providing quality nationwide mortgage lending support to Flagstar Bank’s mortgage Wholesale Broker and Correspondent customers from origination to servicing. This includes providing solutions for technical (website) issues as well as answering basic level mortgage questions for the following areas: closing, funding, post closing, disclosure compliance, and delegated operations. Agents are responsible for escalating any questions outside of their knowledge base to the appropriate teams. Escalated issues must be monitored to ensure timely responses to the customers.
In addition to supporting Wholesale and Correspondent customers, agents also support Settlement Agents, borrowers, as well as internal Mortgage Fulfillment partners including Account Executives. The Support Specialist is required to handle inbound telephone calls and e mails in an effective, compliant and efficient manner, striving for first contact resolution when possible. The role is critical to supporting Flagstar’s mission and STAR values as the support we provide directly impacts Flagstar’s reputation in the marketplace.
• A Support Specialist provides exceptional mortgage lending customer support to resolve issues presented by internal and external customers via a call center. They are expected to handle a specific percentage of the inbound call volume which is approximately 30 calls per day. Additionally, 92% of our calls are expected to be answered within 60 seconds so handle time is of the essence. Call reviews are completed by management monthly to ensure that customer expectations are being met. The feedback is provided to the Support Specialist to proactively address concerns as the expectation is that they score higher than .
• The Support Specialist is required to attain telephone certifications in the following areas all areas of the life of the loan (from loan application through servicing), specifically: Mortgage Originations (Loantrac/AUS); Disclosure Management; Closing (WBCD); Funding; Post Closing; Account Executive support; Borrower Support; Technical Support; and Changed Circumstances.
• Professional Development - Active training participation to attain additional CSS Certifications of for new processes or regulations. LMS courses for personal development as they relate to customer service or mortgage lending
• Perform customer follow up for escalated cases and management of personal work list.
• Adherence to schedule and scorecard objectives.
- Call center and/or mortgage experience is strongly preferred.
- Microsoft office
- Microsoft word and Excel
- E-mail applications
- Navigating multiple internet application
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to handle high call volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work varying shifts during business hours (8:30AM to 9:00PM EST.)
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.