Customer Service and Sales Representatives, we call Brand Ambassadors, handle inbound calls for our client HomeAdvisor, the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace. Homeowners contact HomeAdvisor to find service professionals for their maintenance, repair, and improvement projects. Brand Ambassadors are responsible for assisting customers by assessing their needs, scheduling appointments, and referring to pre-screened home-improvement contractors. Brand Ambassadors use upselling and cross-selling techniques to convert inquiries into referrals.
What You’ll Do
- With positive energy, represent HomeAdvisor—the nation’s largest online home improvement marketplace—and assist homeowners to find service professionals for their maintenance, repair, and improvement projects.
- Assist customers via phone to purchase new or additional home improvement services, answer questions about current or previous sales requests, transfer customers to service providers, and facilitate refunds.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow through to solve problems while exercising sound judgment, focusing on achieving a resolution that exceeds customer expectations.
- Convey knowledge, authenticity, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Qualities of Brand Ambassadors:
- Effective Communicator – Making connections with customers comes naturally. You are approachable and can adjust your style to adapt to a variety of situations and personalities.
- Problem-Solver – When faced with challenges, you use your knowledge of tools, tactics, and techniques to meet customers’ expectations and meet weekly goals. You seek alternative solutions and follow through with a new course of action.
- Optimism – With a positive attitude, you make customers feel at ease and can de-escalate and turn around interactions.
- Self-motivation –Accomplishing goals is what you live for. You are driven to exceed goals and eager to contribute to the team’s success. Your motivation is your greatest strength and the source of your success.
- Lives our Values – Helpful. Creative. Flexible. Positive Energy.
Other Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize proactive upselling and cross-selling techniques to increase customer experience and convert inquiries into firm referrals for Home Advisor
- Embraces the commitment to customer service and nourishes brand loyalty
- Retains and conveys thorough knowledge and benefits of client’s service offerings
- Applies client and VIPdesk Connect policies and high-quality customer service guidelines as applicable when interacting with and servicing customers
- Accurately documents customer interaction details with limited errors
- Attends meetings and training as required to obtain new and pertinent information about the client and their products and services
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Desire to meet and exceed sales goals and thrive in a performance-based environment
- Polite, friendly, warm, and courteous phone demeanor
- Confidence in asking questions and guiding conversations to resolve customer requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open and accepting of coaching and feedback
- Ability to respond positively to change, embracing and using new learning to accomplish complex or difficult challenges
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Teams
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute with minimal errors
- Technically savvy with the ability to pick up new technology, processes, and procedures quickly
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Home-office environment, internet connection, web camera, USB headset and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time
- Able to work weekends
- Able to successfully pass background and employment reference security checks where permissible by state and local regulations
- Currently reside in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin
- Six months of inbound sales experience with upselling
- Previous experience in a fast-paced call environment is a plus
- Previous remote experience a plus
- Knowledge of basic home repair services
Our next training class is tentatively scheduled to begin on or about November 18, 2020, with daily classes held 10:00 am-4:30 pm ET.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.