CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
A Customer Service Representative is a primary customer-facing employee who provides assistance and support for individuals self- directing Arkansas Medicaid services in the home and the caregivers for those individuals. The CSR is knowledgeable of specific rules and qualifications of the programs Palco supports. Using their knowledge of products or services as well as great customer service skills, the CSR promptly and accurately address issues, provides support and information to ensure customer satisfaction. The CSR also maintains very good knowledge of company systems and sensitive information/PHI handling procedures.
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 7:00 pm. The CSR reports to the CS Supervisor.
Job Grade Characteristics
This is the entry level grade in the Customer Support grouping. Incumbents of this grade perform a range of customer support work that does not require prior experience. Generally,
additional assistance is required in performing tasks. Individuals in this grade are expected to provide a basic level of support commensurate with their knowledge, skills and abilities. CSR I’s are normally considered to be in training and, as assigned responsibilities and breadth of knowledge increase with experience, may be reasonable to expect promotion to next higher grade.
- Communicates effectively with a range of individuals with varying educational levels, disabilities, and communication styles.
- Uses person-centered techniques in all participant interactions.
- Receives inquiries about Palco services, how to enroll on the program, and program guidelines and requirements.
- Provides information on self-direction to assure that each individual is able to make informed decisions about their care.
- Assists individuals in completing paperwork or understanding Program requirements.
- Represents Palco in all interactions with the public by providing quality service to internal staff and external clients.
- Initiates required action for response to caller requests, including the need for additional support by other Palco staff or requests for documents, and communicate such
requests to the proper department.
- Recognizes the need for additional services required by the caller.
- Ensures the satisfaction of callers and professional handling of difficult or unusual situations.
- Conducts follow-up phone calls for quality and satisfaction.
- Participates in development, training, and other departmental meetings and adheres to corporate policies that concern the customer service department.
- Accesses Palco software in order to retrieve information to answer inquiries and to update contact notes and other information into digital case records.
- Reports directly to the Customer Service Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Can include a combination of high school graduate or equivalent and:
- CSR I: one year of experience performing customer support activities, preferably in a call center.
Knowledge and Skill Levels
- CSR I: Working knowledge of contact with the public and telephone; modern office procedures and methods.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to electronically document records to a web-based chart. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office, email and internet.
- Intermediate technical knowledge/skills.
- Good problem-solving and listening skills.
- Must exhibit the ability to work with the public under stressful circumstances in a fair, calm, and understanding manner and obtain positive results.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of office equipment, including computer and networks. Bilingual skills a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.