Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing prompt, professional, accurate and courteous service to all inquiries received by telephone or in writing involving all aspects of insurance customer and agent inquiry. The position is also expected to effectively research, resolve, and communicate solutions for any inquiries or escalated issues.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
- Answer incoming phone calls from members and health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience.
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Mus tive in a location with access high-speed internet service (provided by Employee during training)
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service experience
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.