If you are located within the state of Arizona or Nevada, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high-volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Second shift position; M-F and rotating weekends. 2nd shift starting between 10am-2pm CST will work West Coast. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer 5 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8am to 5pm CST, Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with ‘SCA’ must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer incoming phone calls from health care providers (i.e. physician offices, clinics) and identify the type of assistance the provider needs (EG. benefit and eligibility, billing and payments, authorizations for treatment, explanation of benefits)
- Focus on resolving issues on the first call, navigating through complex computer systems to identify the status of the issue and provide appropriate response to caller
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate strong relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must have 18+ months work experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Second shift position; M-F and rotating weekends. 2nd shift starting between 10am-2pm CST will work West Coast. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Reside within the state of Arizona or Nevada
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy.
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.