You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This service model simplifies the way consumers and their families engage in health care – clears the confusion, enables access to the right care, helps ensure the right care decisions are made and makes health care more affordable. The Customer Service Care Coordinator is responsible for providing compassionate customer service and issue resolution to our members. Direct phone – based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. This role is responsible for coordination of member navigation plans with health plan clinical and non-clinical staff supporting members enrolled in DSNP benefits including members, or families with members, identified as having complex illness.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 8:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide concierge and white-glove level service, removing burdens and providing end-to-end resolution for customers
- Serve as a single point of contact for the customer and form a strong relationship to support them
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to own the resolution of all customer issues and anticipate their future healthcare needs or potential opportunities to improve the experience
- Respond to and own consumer inquiries and issues
- Conduct proactive research on assigned member accounts to identify service issues
- Identify gaps in processes and work closely with other departments for process improvement
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre-authorizations or pre-determination requests
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attendance
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
To apply for this job please visit careers.unitedhealthgroup.com.