Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we created the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies such as Wayfair, American Express, and Indeed expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, human-centric, and committed team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Customer Experience team
Our Customer Experience team is committed to ensuring a premier, memorable customer service experience. As the front line of external communication, you will help refine our core product by providing insights and feedback from online interactions with candidates and Interview Engineers.
What you will do
As a Customer Experience Specialist at Karat, you will provide front-line remote customer service support via chat and email. This team operates 24 hours a day in order to support our global operations and further the impact of Karat's fair, predictive, enjoyable interview philosophy.
- Support Karat clients, their candidates, and our Interview Engineering community during live technical interviews by providing support via email and Slack within SLAs.
- Ensure questions and concerns are responded to within team guidelines, and that the communication reflects company brand and values.
- Help navigate general public inquiries to the right internal team as-needed.
- Work with Karat’s community of Interview Engineers and Quality Control Engineers to accurately portray software engineering candidates’ interview results.
- Provide feedback to team leads that ensure process improvements within the team and function.
The experience you will bring
- Previous customer service or support experience (remote experience preferred)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to exercise compassion and empathy with distinct audiences
- Strong English language skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Comfortable working with a variety of systems and programs (familiarity with GSuite and Slack a plus!)
- History of reliability and success in a quick change, high-growth, and ambiguous environment
This is a full-time, hourly position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.