Customer Care & Tech Support, Level 1 (WORK AT HOME)
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
The world around us has changed forever. Distance learning is now an integral aspect of learning—for all levels—around the world. At Stride, we’ve always been ready. For more than two decades, we’ve helped districts and schools find a promising path forward.
The Customer Care and Technical Support Representative, Level 1 will be responsible for resolving technical issues and providing excellent customer service presented to the company through our support channels – phone, web, chat and email. Resolves issues and problems that are reported directly by the customers (parents and students) and is also responsible for escalating issues that were not resolvable by workflows to the appropriate Tiered support team with urgency. Issues that will be resolved include, but may not be limited to: technical assistance with the use of K12-provided equipment (desktops/laptops/monitors/printers), such as troubleshooting start-up/log-in issues, hardware damage, and software viruses; general application support with the K12 suite of learning systems and business applications; ordering/replacing materials and computer equipment.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Respond to technical issues related to K12 proprietary systems, hardware, and software and networking both in written word and orally via telephone.
- Assist customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical and service issues using troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products/systems/hardware that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service or replacements.
- Advise / educate customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Answer questions about installation, operation, configuration and usage of assigned equipment, documents and assigns customer problems for resolution using support ticketing and CRM software.
- Remain knowledgeable of K12’s proprietary systems, various hardware product lines, current industry products and technologies.
- Escalate more complex issues with proprietary systems to next tiered support team with urgency and/or escalate more complex hardware equipment issues to manufacturer.
This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma OR
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA or MS/MA degree) OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Our work from home members are required to have and maintain reliable High-speed internet connection. At the minimum 50Mbps download speed and 10Mbps upload speed, if not competing with other household users. For the sake of call quality, satellite, DSL, data plans, wireless or dial-up services are not compatible.
- Some Internet service providers enable what is called SIP ALG (Session Initiation Protocol Application Layer Gateway). This interferes with our systems and must be disabled by the provider.
- Ethernet connection is preferred.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Physical requirements: sedentary work, fluent typing, listening, speaking, extensive reading, repetitive motions, and extended computer usage.
- Thorough knowledge of home-based connectivity support
- Ability to work in high call volume environment
- Strong telephone and email etiquette
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Own or have daily access to a smart device where Apps can be downloaded/accessed (i.e., phone, tablet)
- Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during our hours of operation
- Attend virtual training via web cam
- Expertise in PC and Internet applications and use
- Ability to communicate with customers effectively through various communication channels, such as: phone, voicemail, email, chat, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in web-based applications (Salesforce experience a plus)
- Consultative approach to customer service
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment
- Resilient and contributes to fostering positive team morale
- Ability to prioritize effectively and manage competing priorities to deliver and drive results
- Ability to own and execute projects
- Ability to respond appropriately to feedback and guidance
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10 and XP Operating Systems
- High level of quality and accountability for work product
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (minimal if any e.g. team building activity)
- Ability to clear required background check
- Prior experience with K12/Stride
- Previous customer service work
- Pervious experience in call-center environment
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.