CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE SUPPORTING INBOUND AND OUTBOUND COVID-19 CONTACT TRACING
MCI is seeking call center contact tracers with a background in medical, customer service, or government service. In these roles, you will handle inbound and outbound calls to conduct interviews with members of the public that have tested positive for COVID-19 to gather information critical to managing the spread of the virus. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and offers a competitive base pay commensurate with experience and a raise after thirty days of employment.
Candidates for this role should be excellent communicators, logical, highly reliable, and possess a strong work ethic. This is a full-time position. After short training at our safe and secure facility, you can work from the comfort of your own home. This is also a permanent position. MCI supports customer service and sales projects for some of the most recognizable brands around the world, as well as other state and federal programs. There's always a job that can fit you here.
WHAT DOES SOMEONE IN THIS ROLE DO?
This position requires you to interact with hundreds of people each week, answering incoming calls and making outgoing calls to citizens related to COVID-19. Under the supervision of a Contact Tracing Supervisor, the Case Investigator will use a web-based data management platform to call contacts diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them to testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine or isolation, if appropriate. In this role, you will conduct highly confidential phone interviews, gather data, and work in multiple systems to help contain the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with performance standards, policy, procedures, and protocol.
- Handle inbound and outbound contacts in a courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Transfer/refer citizens to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Respond to all inquiries consistent with confidentiality and privacy policies
- Research systems to find missing information as applicable; coordinate with other departments to resolve issues
- Follow the processes of the client program and perform all tasks in a courteous and professional manner
- Respond effectively to all forms of inbound and outbound contacts, and respond to questions
- In specific instances, refer callers to the appropriate supervisor, county, or state agency representatives
- Investigate and resolve complex and escalated issues resulting from multiple channels.
- Complete research of contact history and report findings to management and in the appropriate systems
- Listen to contacts, understand their needs, and resolve issues
- Utilize systems and technology to complete account management tasks
- Accurately document and process customer claims in appropriate systems
- Follow all required scripts, policies, and procedures
- Utilize knowledge base and training to answer customer questions accurately
- Comply with requirements surrounding confidential information and personal information
- Escalate issues to the appropriate staff and managerial for resolution as needed.
- Attend meetings and training and review new training material to stay up-to-date on changes to the program
- Adhere to all attendance and work schedule requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
WONDER IF YOU ARE A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION?
MCI provides all new employees with world-class training, so all positive, driven, and confident applicants that meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply. To be considered for this role, you must complete a full application on our company careers page, including all screening questions and a brief pre-employment test.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to read and speak English fluently
- The ability to handle complex customer service inquiries via telephone and e-mail
- Resourcefulness in locating patients and contacts who may be challenging to reach or reluctant to engage in conversation is required.
- An understanding of patient confidentiality and the ability to conduct interviews without violating confidentiality
- Cultural sensitivity and interviewing skills such that they can build and maintain trust with patients
- A minimum of 1-year of experience in customer service, medical, government, human services or related field
- Strong data entry and telephone skills
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills
- The ability to type swiftly and accurately (20+ words a minute)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation, including the training period.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Highly reliable with the ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- An aptitude for critical thinking, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation
- Must be customer service oriented (empathetic, responsive, patient, and conscientious)
- Ability to multi-task, stay focused, and self-manage
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are prevalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with your team
- Military, local, state, or federal government experience is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Arabic, French, Korean, Russian, or German is a plus
- Experience working in a contact center environment is a plus.
- Graduation from an accredited two-year or four-year college or university is a plus
- Experience in public health, epidemiology, infectious disease control, or a related field is a plus
- Experience in health, human services, or community-based organization or institutional setting is a plus
- Understanding of the medical terms and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions, symptoms of a disease, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic infection is a plus
- Necessary skills of crisis counseling and the ability to refer patients and contacts for further care is a plus
- Must be willing to submit to a background and/or security investigation. Job offers are contingent on background/security investigation results
- Must be willing to submit to drug screening. Job offers are contingent on drug screening results.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be largely sedentary and will be required to sit/stand for long periods while using a computer and telephone headset. The employee will be regularly required to operate a computer and other office equipment, including a phone, copier, and printer. The employee may occasionally be required to move about the office to accomplish tasks; reach in any direction; raise or lower objects, move objects from place to place, hold onto objects, and move or exert force up to forty (40) pounds.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, INCENTIVES, AND REWARDS
WANT AN EMPLOYER THAT VALUES YOUR CONTRIBUTION?
We believe that hard work should pay off, so we make sure that our compensation and total rewards are competitive. Standard starting compensation is commensurate with experience. Regular reviews and raises are awarded based on tenure and performance, so our employees make more each year.
Employees earn paid time off as well as paid holidays and paid training opportunities. Regular daily, weekly and monthly incentives are part of the overall compensation our team members enjoy and include monetary incentive and prizes such as computers, tablets, phones, TV’s, trips, tickets, and even cars. In addition to our standard group benefits offering for full-time employees following 90-days of employment, all employees are eligible to opt for our MEC medical plan after only 30-days of employment. Benefits options and plans vary slightly by location.
JUST A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage Options
- Paid Time-Off
- Regular Raises
- Work-at-Home Opportunities
- Advancement Opportunity
- Fun, Engaging Work Environment
- Casual Dress Code
- Cash and Prize Contests
NEED A SCHEDULE THAT WORKS WITH YOUR LIFE?
We can offer a wide range of scheduling options for qualified candidates. There are multiple shifts and weekly work variations available to our team members. Please ask a Talent Acquisition Specialist about the different types of creative scheduling options that are available at your location. Whether you are a busy parent, student, or just want control of your work-life balance, flexible, customized scheduling is one of the perks of working at our organization.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY
At MCI and its subsidiaries, we embrace differences and believe diversity is a benefit to our employees, our company, our customers, and our community. All aspects of employment at MCI are based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. MCI maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling MCI's commitment to a diverse and equal opportunity work environment.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.