Community Support Specialist – Work at Home
Wattpad is a global multiplatform entertainment company whose vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories. Since 2006, we’ve been on a mission to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world. Every month 90 million people around the world spend over 23 billion minutes on Wattpad to share and discover stories they can’t find anywhere else. Our brand banner includes: Wattpad, Wattpad WEBTOON Studios, Wattpad Books and Wattpad Brand Partnerships. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Come build the future of entertainment and storytelling, and write your next chapter with us!
In this exciting role as a Community Support Specialist you will use your superb problem solving skills to delight our community of over 80 million users. You will work across platforms and devices to investigate bugs, escalate them to developers, and work cross functionally with stakeholders to ensure product issues are resolved. The Community Support Specialist will be responsible for conferring with users to ensure their support questions are handled efficiently while keeping up professional standards expected by the industry. You will also gather data insights about our community sentiment and effectively communicate these updates across the company.
You’ll need to be extremely comfortable with the Internet, mobile devices, and multitasking. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love helping others, and have an inquisitive and scientific mind you might just be the perfect Community Support Specialist.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answer user inquires and provide quality technical assistance and support to our Community, using empathy and analytical skills to troubleshoot and guide users through their issues
- Sleuth out pesky bugs, identify causes, and escalate issues to our engineering teams
- Act as a liaison between Support and the Product teams, provide valuable customer insights through the product journey
- Collaborate with product teams to provide supportability and assist with QA for new feature releases
- Measure user sentiment across multiple platforms and report this to business units across the company
- Own and contribute to projects that improve the support experience for our community, improving our top-line metrics
- Champion the voice of the users across Wattpad!
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience moderating or managing a community is preferred
- Exceptional empathy and ability to really listen to our users, putting yourself in their shoes, and truly understanding the problem so as to resolve issues to the highest level of satisfaction
- Demonstrates critical thinking and can apply a methodical approach to user problems
- Naturally inquisitive creative thinker, who questions and can ideate new approaches to Support issues
- A high achiever with the initiative and drive to iterate on current processes
- A solid sense of ownership of their specialized area
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Zendesk
- Prior work experience with Jira or Google Analytics
Wattpad is conducting all interviews in a distributed manner using applicable third party software where needed and using visual interface tools such as Google Hangouts and Zoom.
Who are we? Entrepreneurs and Do-ers. Our vision is to entertain and connect the world through stories, and our mission is to use the power of community and technology to unleash the full potential of stories to the world.
What does that mean? We are visionaries, community builders, passionate problem solvers, storytellers, coffee snobs (tea drinkers, too!), curious by nature, and culturally diverse.
What are we obsessed with? Our users. Solving complex problems and maximizing flow. Learning constantly. Building the next great storytelling product. Finding the greatest stories ever told. Dogs (and cats), coffee, and good snacks.
How do we work? Autonomously, collaboratively, respectfully. Balancing with work, family, and play…and all while having a great time.
Wattpad is a remote friendly company and encourages remote candidates to apply as long as they are located and authorized to work in either the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) as a precondition of employment. We are not able to sponsor applicants for work permits.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.