Website Dotdash Meredith
Dotdash Meredith is looking for a team to help moderate the Parents social communities, primarily Facebook and Instagram. Parents is committed to creating inclusive and safe spaces on our social media platforms for our community—including our readers, the families and expert sources we feature in our content, and our team of experienced writers and editors. We welcome thoughtful, empathetic, respectful, and fact-based commentary on the content we share.
As a social community moderator, you will follow the Parents community guidelines and best practices to represent the brand and make decisions that ensure our social communities remain trustworthy, supportive, and uplifting spaces for families.
The role of Community Moderator is more than engaging with our audience. This role is necessary to protect those who often feel unsafe in our social communities and are attacked based on their identity, race, sexual orientation, or disability. Parents believes in protecting our writers and readers by creating spaces that are free of hate speech, bigotry, and opinions that threaten one’s right to exist and thrive.
This is a remote position, but applicants must live within North America and be able to commit at least 10 hours per week and up to 20 hours per week. The rate is $25 per hour.
About Your Contributions
- Learn and contribute to Parents’ external community guidelines and internal best practices for engaging with the users and comments on our social platforms
- Monitor and listen to the activity of user generated content across our social media platforms and take actions according to our best practices—including but not limited to responding to comments, addressing questions, and blocking/hiding/reporting users or comments that do not follow our community guidelines
- Be able to spot racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist comments
- Know how to delete inappropriate language while understanding the nuance of conversations that capture the intellectual and emotional labor put in to educate others
- Know when to call in commenters who need guidance and when to delete or block a community member
- Know how to speak up for but not over voices featured in articles
- Represent the Parents brand voice and values when interacting with community members
- Share qualitative and quantitative insights with social media editors and editorial team to inform new content ideas and areas of improvement based on community feedback
- 1-2+ years of experience working with brand social media accounts and/or monitoring online user forums
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Quick learner, critical thinker, and thoughtful decision maker with an eye for detail
- Strong background, knowledge, and interest in parenting and health topics, with an understanding of the nuances in health content and the need for strict standards of accuracy
- Must be passionate about supporting marginalized communities
- Have a strong background in social justice and diversity, equity, and inclusivity to engage without escalating conversations around race, gender, sexuality, or abilities
- High cultural awareness of political and social situations that impact today’s families
- Deep understanding of and empathy with the needs and challenges of under-served communities and under-represented populations
- Ability to adopt an established and professional brand voice and strict brand and style guidelines
- Comfortable working remotely, and are available for real-time engagement—potentially covering nights, weekends, and holidays
- Access to a smartphone, computer (not a tablet), and a secure internet connection
JOB URL: https://www.dotdashmeredith.com/careers?p=job%2Fo94FjfwV
To apply for this job please visit www.dotdashmeredith.com.
MONEY MAKING IDEAS RIGHT NOW
1. PAIDVIEWPOINT - I've already made $770 in 2022! Fun, short surveys.
2. NEILSEN APP - Paying $50 per device, up to three devices for downloading their app!
3. CREATE PUZZLE BOOKS - Puzzle books sell like crazy on Amazon. Cash in!
4. ACOP - Earn taking surveys! Open to many countries. USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France.