Website Comic Book Resources
UK | US Remote Freelance Position
If you’re an experienced writer with a finger on the pulse of the comics world, CBR wants you to join its award-winning writing team!
CBR is the oldest and most respected comic book culture website in the world. It is the internet’s first and final stop for nerd culture, news, commentary and community.
As a Freelance Comics List Writer for CBR, you will work with our dedicated News team to create original and informative articles that our discerning audience demands, with the eye-catching aesthetic they crave.
CBR welcomes everyone. We are striving for more representation on our site, and we want to hear YOUR voice. We’re always looking for skilled and passionate writers to make an impact in the world of comics. We want the voices on our site to reflect the diversity of the community it serves.
Why write for us?
- One-on-one training and 4 weeks with a peer mentor
- – CBR makes every effort to promote from within
- Possibility to pitch ideas
- Incentive structure
- Slack community for support
- Several helpful guides that you can refer to even after training
- It’s fun!
Room for growth
- Write 2 – 3 news articles daily
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in comic books
- Coordinate with News Shift Editors and Senior CBR News Editor for assignments and feedback
- Cover Letter
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements:
- Relevant experience in writing (editing experience is a plus)
- Broad working knowledge of old and current comic books
- You don’t have to be an expert on all things floppy, but you should possess a general understanding of the culture and strong research skills
- Available at peak hours and strategic posting times strongly preferred; weekend availability a plus
The hiring team at CBR will be back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team. Only applications displaying relevant writing experience will be considered.
*This is a work from home position*
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.