At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
This is a US Remote position. Preference will be given to candidates in the Mountain and Central Time Zones. All candidates must be available to work Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm CT.
A focused individual who will receive calls, chats, and emails, from clients and colleagues and assist with advising and then directing them to the correct department. You will use your ability to speak clearly, distinctly, and with a friendly, courteous tone as well as your well-honed listening skills to put callers at ease and obtains accurate, complete information. You committed to strong customer service, knowing that you are the first voice a client will hear and the impact your encounter will have on that client’s experience. You are motivated to submit new ideas, strategies or concepts to ensure that the business is retained, and the client is satisfied.
- Answers and routes incoming calls, emails, and chat messages on a complex digital telephone system.
- Performs database retrieval for directory information.
- Provides information obtained from a variety of sources to field questions from the public regarding departments, phone numbers, operational hours, etc.
- Assists callers in identifying needs, explains next steps or provides key information, and then routs calls appropriately, providing a ‘warm hand off’ where necessary.
- Answers questions and provides some training for new operators and colleagues.
- Keeps computer skills current by attending training on new equipment and learning new or modified procedures.
- Identify calls in need of immediate assistance and escalate to a department manager where appropriate
- Punctuality and dependable attendance is critical to success
- 2 years of call center, call handling, phone operator, or related experience
- Proven core customer service skills, including but not limited: strong interpersonal and listening skills, ability to identify issues and determine appropriate division for resolving said issue, ability to present a calm confident telephone manner and work with clients who may be angry or in distress.
- Ability to navigate numerous software, web browsers, and other relevant computer applications simultaneously while advising customers in a fast-paced environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Home office/desk with reliable internet service sufficient to meet the needs of the position. Proven success working from home is preferred, but not required. All computer equipment and peripherals will be provided. Ability to hardwire computer is preferred.
- History of exceeding expectations, as demonstrated through annual reviews, awards and recognition, exceeding company goals, etc.
- Available to work Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm Central Time.
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pitneybowes.com.