It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
The Bitcoin Advanced Support team provides stellar service to customers for on-chain & Lightning Bitcoin transactions and owns all related escalations & Bitcoin bugs. Our vision is to be the go-to resource for Bitcoin support at Cash.
The team is unique in that it is an escalations team, but we work directly with customers via Messaging & Email channels. Our volume consists exclusively of case transfers from Frontline advocates, and it is therefore paramount that members can communicate effectively via the written word. You must be able to empathetically provide effective solutions in a clear & concise manner – day in and day out.
Resourcefulness and problem-solving abilities are also critically important as much of the core work revolves around investigating specific transactions in Toolbox and on the Bitcoin blockchain. Accordingly, you should have a genuine interest in Bitcoin and preferably some familiarity with using a block explorer like blockchain(dot)com or mempool(dot)space.
- Provide exceptional service to customers within agreed upon service levels.
- Proactively identify gaps & ideate solutions to improve processes & workflows.
- Work cross-functionally with partners both within & outside the department.
- Ex: Lead shadow sessions; escalate issues; update resources.
- Meet KPI targets for handle time, quality assurance, & schedule adherence.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience with Bitcoin.
- Complete special projects as assigned by leadership.
To be considered for the Bitcoin Advanced Support Specialist role, you must:
- Have experience with varied support channels, including Messaging & Email.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally.
- Display strong interpersonal savvy.
- Have a passion for problem solving and process improvement.
- Have a genuine interest in and baseline familiarity with Bitcoin.
- Be available to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Shifts will apply to all hours of coverage: 7am – 10pm CT daily.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the candidate's work location and may be may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $34.43
Zone B: USD $32.02
Zone C: USD $27.89
Zone D: USD $25.82
In addition to the regular hourly rates listed above, this role may be eligible for a shift differential for employees who are scheduled to work weekend (Saturday/Sunday) shifts.
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.