Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Acts as the principal billing and collections consultant for assigned customer base. Recommends solutions to billing/collections issues and may implement agreed upon solutions with the customer and internal departments. Works cross functionally with sales, customer service managers, and service delivery teams to correct systems, invoices, and improve the customer experience.
The Main Responsibilities
- Principal billing consultant for an assigned customer base, analyze and resolve all billing-related issues for the assigned customer base.
- Demonstrates the ability to work billing tickets and collect on small, medium, and large sized customers.
- Collaborates with the customer, sales organization, and other internal departments to resolve billing and/or collections related issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and conduct conference calls with our internal and external customers.
- Exercises independent judgement in reviewing disputes.
- Contributes to decisions on if/when an adjustment is appropriate for a customer invoice. Works with manager or senior staff members on more complex billing issues.
- Identifies problems and has reasonable latitude in making decisions and implementing solutions that drive efficiencies across departments within the company to improve the accuracy of the company's invoice for the customer.
- Provides status updates to Billing management for aged tickets and other reports as requested.
- Responsible for collection related activities in accordance with customer's payment terms.
- Investigates delinquent accounts, arranges terms of payment, and may send collection letters as needed.
- Works with Manager to help establish customer payment arrangement/plans.
- Makes decisions if/when to disconnect customer services for non-payment and hold future orders until accounts are paid current.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Experience: 2 years
- Education Level: High School/GED, Associate degree preferred
- Field Of Study: General
- Finance/Accounting/Telecom: 2 years of experience in a telecommunications billing environment
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
- Good customer service skills
- Must be knowledgeable with MS Office Suite, primarily Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize issues in a timely, efficient manner and manage a cyclical workload
- Ability to understand and utilize multiple systems for billing and dispute management
- Knowledge of Kenan, LATIS, BAM billing systems, is a plus
- Must be proactive, detailed orientated, and work in a fast-paced environment
Salary RangeSalary Min :36450Salary Max :81000
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lumen.com.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Survey Junkie - Surveys & Product testing. Open in the USA, Canada, & Australia.
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!