Are you a problem solver who is detail oriented, enjoys diving into data and possesses good interpersonal skills to effectively interface with employees, clients and claimants? Is a culture where “People Count,” “We Do the Right Thing,” and “We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards” important to you? If so, ReedGroup is seeking a Benefit Calculations Specialist who completes benefit calculations for STD, LTD and State Benefits. The position will ensure that cases are processed in a timely manner and that exceptional customer service is provided to all incoming calls regarding benefit calculations and pay.
A self-starter who is achievement oriented and appreciates supporting team initiatives and customer service. You have excellent written and verbal communications with an ability to explain math (calculated pay) related to benefit payments. You also enjoy variety in the work you complete day-to-day.
You are someone who holds yourself accountable for your work. You are willing to ask questions and you are persistent in your focus to achieve goals.
- Be a knowledgeable information resource for clients’ employees regarding benefit calculations and pay.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to ensure the benefits are appropriate for each authorization.
- Calculate and verifies client specific leave pay per plan requirements and applies state and federal regulations related to leave payments.
- Review and approves leave payments prior to payroll processing activities.
- Coordinate and processes adjustments to pay and capture overpayments created as a factor of leave changes.
- Calculate and apply state disability offsets as applicable.
- Work closely with the Client Payroll department to validate payments and support timely processing of pay.
- Work closely with the SSDI, workers compensation and collections vendors.
- Identify and expedite priority issues. Organize a multitude of tasks for most efficient processing.
- Work closely with the payroll department to ensure they have accurate information to issue pay for check cutting clients.
- An aptitude for math is a must. Prefer 1 year in finance or accounting role preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience providing telephonic Customer Service, preferably within the healthcare or occupational health insurance industries.
- Demonstration of diplomacy, good judgment, professionalism and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Knowledge of Disability Management, FMLA and Workers Compensation preferred
- Demonstrated accuracy in reconciliations.
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and identify priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (oral and written) and a positive attitude.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.