A message about COVID-19:
COVID-19 is creating unprecedented circumstances. We’re monitoring the situation closely and our eBay community - our buyers, sellers and employees - remains our top priority. Due to the pandemic we are all working from home at this time. Once deemed safe, you can choose to work from home long term, or you can choose to work in our Draper, UT office.
Fraud prevention specialist teammates are responsible for reviewing member transactions which have either a potential regulatory or financial risk of exposure for eBay. As a teammate, you will review accounts and identify potentially risky and fraudulent activity. You will need to take appropriate action for eBay to ensure a safe platform for our community. You will be expected to be able to make accurate decisions on a variety of risk, fraud and policy workflows, and do so quickly.
- Conduct in depth case reviews to promote safe and compliant trading on the site.
- Navigate appeals through multiple channels for actions taken across assigned work types.
- Conduct outbound phone calls or otherwise reach out to the customer as part of your case review.
- Discover and identify fraud trends and present opportunities for stronger results and regulation
- Handle escalations as needed per request of leadership.
- Respond to appeals or manage customer inquiries through email channels.
- Provide customer education on the regulatory requirements behind actions of the company
- Identify trends and provide feedback to your leadership.
- Enthusiastic problem solver: You quickly understand complex customer issues through research, investigations, and appropriate questions.
- Confident Decision Maker: You possess strong judgment and have the ability to balance the needs of both the customer and the business.
- A Quick Learner: Ability to quickly learn new tools, processes and policy to support customers in navigating eCommerce marketplace and building their businesses.
- Strong Communicator: You consistently demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A Team Player. You thrive working in a team environment.
- 3+ years of call center or customer service related experience.
- Technical Savvy. You are comfortable navigating multiple screens, using multiple systems, and creating your own shortcuts.
- Analytical Skills. Ability to analyze data points to assess risk.
- Integrity. You are courteous and professional in your engagement with customers, co-workers and Business Units.
- Escalation Skills. You are comfortable working escalations based on your knowledge and proficiency.
- A calm and confident demeanor in uncertain circumstances.
- The ability to meet strict attendance guidelines and thrive in a scheduled/Structured environment.
- Preferred experience, fraud experience in banking, insurance, finance, social and or/ecommerce is a plus!
Work from Utah Based Home Requirements:
- Have a secure workspace, in a room or office with a door that closes it off from noises and distractions such as pets, children and other adults.
- Wired Internet connection, capable of continuously supporting excellent call quality and high-speed response rates (wireless, DSL and/or satellite Internet Service Providers are not compatible with our systems).
- Internet service does need to have a consistent internet speed of 10 mbps download and 4 mbps upload.
- You must be located in Utah
- Highly competitive starting pay of $18.00/hr with 10-15% differentials for evening and weekend hours
- Yearly performance raises as well as performance based quarterly bonuses with a target of 6% and the opportunity to earn more
- Health, Vision and Dental Coverage starting on your first day
- 16+ Days of Paid Time Off + 11 paid holidays
- eBay Sabbatical- Every 5 years, receive 4 weeks off at 100% pay to refresh and recharge
- And much more at ebaybenefits.com
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
TO APPLY/DETAILS - SEE ORIGINAL JOB POST - CLICK HERE
**If link no longer works, it's probably filled or no longer available.