Effective Web Solutions
From $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Writing Skills: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Position is ideally local, virtual-to-inhouse within the next year – in our Vancouver, WA office and reports directly to the general manager. Hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced content writer who is upbeat and forward thinking. Who puts the reader first, notices little details, juggles multiple projects at once, gives clear written and verbal feedback, stays current on and consistently meets deadlines. You should also love working collaboratively with writers and other team members to develop, design, and implement the best content possible. Content mediums may include service and landing pages for websites, newsletters, and onsite blogs, call to actions, etc.. This job involves tasks such as generating ideas for different briefs, developing content guidelines, monitoring traffic figures and web statistics, and editing content to meet SEO best practices.
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
Why Join EWS’ Team?
Effective Web Solutions is an exciting and fast-growing digital marketing agency dedicated to our clients and giving them the absolute best possible chance to gain business and be successful. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that meets readers needs as well as tell a story about our clients’ service and company.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to effect change.
- Small tight-knit young, energetic and passionate team
- Leave work each day having learned something new
- Rewards and promotions based on your performance
- Opportunities for additional growth with industry related continuing education
- Health and dental Insurance following a 90-day probation period
- Paid time off (vacation/sick leave) following 90-day probationary period
- Be kind, follow the golden rule – treat others how you want to be treated
- Practice spontaneity. New growth stems from excitement, experimentation, and brainstorming. Look for spontaneous collaboration.
- Don't bury mistakes – It's only a problem if you know it’s a problem. We learn from our mistakes and implement procedures to avoid them next time
- Act with integrity and respect
- Engage in fearless conversation. If something is on your mind – go to the source. Unsure of something? Be willing to ask for help
- Quality content is King – or Queen – What we do, we do well.
Your Day-to-Day Breakdown
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for mechanics, clarity, organization, readability, use value, style guidelines, compliance standards, and helpfulness.
- Working with multiple clients on a daily basis while being comfortable on the phone/meeting clients in person to discuss voice and/or services portrayed on website
- Research and write with authority on a variety of topics from Plumbing to Beauty Industry
- Collaborate with multiple writers, giving and receiving constructive, clear, and kind feedback to improve individual pieces and overall writing.
- Work with the Content Manager, SEO specialists, content strategists, marketing managers, designers, and other team members to ensure content pieces meet goals.
- Contribute insight and ideas at the team and project levels.
- Provide insights into how we can improve priority pages on our websites.
- Upload content pieces into WordPress using our content management system.
- Manage multiple projects at once and always meet deadlines unless otherwise out of your control.
- Proactively offer feedback on production processes, research and testing methods
- Quickly learn and track ongoing changes in SEO best practices.
- Using your customer service skills to get the necessary details from subject matter experts/clients
What You'll Need
- A home office space conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team leader. (We do provide equipment if needed)
- Strong grammar skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in editing web content, preferably with consumer tech focus
- Demonstrated skill helping others write clear, concise, compelling content
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- An ability to provide feedback and suggestions in a timely and friendly manner
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and a willingness to share ideas openly with writers, designers, content strategists, and other team members
- Solid organizational skills and ability to self-manage time
- Understanding of how to advocate for users while accomplishing website goals
- Ability to adhere to in-house style guide and brand guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years’ experience writing and editing
- WordPress experience a plus but not required
If you possess the qualities listed here and are interested in working with a company with endless opportunities for growth, medical benefits, and paid holidays, please submit your resume and at least 1 sample of your work. All interested candidates will be asked to complete a writing assignment based on a subject chosen by EWS.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Writing Skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.