HandsOn River Region
$13 – $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
211 Information & Referral Specialist (Part-Time)
Top EASIEST Ways To Earn Extra Cash Online!
1. PaidViewpoint - I've earned over $495! And love the fast payout via Paypal.
2. ACOP - Get paid for your opinion! (USA, Canada, UK, Germany & France).
3. Easy Etsy Start Up - Start your own Etsy shop selling cute coffee mugs!
4. 1Q - Get paid .25 instantly into PayPal for EVERY text questions you answer!
211 Program Manager
Summary of Position
2-1-1 is known as the number to call to “Get Help or Give Help. 2-1-1 provides a first point of entry for information and referral about health and community resources for everyday needs as well as in times of disaster, HandsOn River Region operates the 2-1-1 Program serving Montgomery and 13surrounding counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer complete customer service in responding to inquiries for information and referral from individuals in need and professionals seeking assistance.
- Assess caller’s needs using the principles of active listening and advocate for callers in accessing resources, as appropriate. Completes follow-up calls as assigned.
- Demonstrate and maintain proficiency in effectively using resource database software, computer hardware and telephone equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of client information and referrals given on each call.
- Maintain an acceptable level of call handling and customer service performance as described by 2-1-1’s Call Center Quality and Training Standards Manual.
- Alert Program Manager to significant barriers, changes, gaps, problems or issues in the Information & Referral service system.
- Complete training in and provide specialized Information and Referral for special projects or grant funded programs.
- Participate in outreach activities and engage in public speaking to raise awareness of 2-1-1.
- Complete other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 2 years of experience in social work, human services, call center operations, counseling, or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Database experience preferred.
- High-level professional standards for performance and a commitment to work with internal and external customers in a friendly, cooperative manner.
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to work independently and within teams, meet deadlines, and manage projects effectively.
- Proficiency in computer software and ability to quickly learn new computer software programs in a timely manner.
Other Position-Related Information
Travel and Special Conditions/Requirements: Must have reliable and insured vehicle. There is some travel associated with this position primarily in the Montgomery and tri-county area.
Hours: This non-exempt position is part-time, at 25 hours or less per week. At times, a flexible work schedule may be necessary to complete activities. 2-1-1 staff may be called upon to provide disaster related information and referral before, during, and after local and/or statewide disasters. Limited evening and weekend hours may be required.
Work Location: The individual in this position will have the ability to work remotely. Your work location must be a quiet, private room, as you will be assisting individuals and will need to keep your conversations confidential. Work location will depend on the needs of the organization and upcoming deadlines and can change as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director.
Physical Demands: The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. The hands are regularly used to write, type, keypunch, and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and listen.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a temporary position, scheduled for 12 months, with possible extension depending on funding and program performance.
HandsOn River Region is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.