This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Internet Marketing Online and Tips to Marketing Successfully
Internet Marketing: Marketing To Moms
Internet marketing do’s and don’ts if you’re hoping to reach parents.
I’m a mom. I’m a stay at home mom. What am I bombarded with daily in my e-mailbox? Ad blasting, get rich quick junk. A large majority of “home business owners and mlm peddlers” must think we stay at home moms are idiots. Do they honestly think we believe we can make $1,000’s of dollars in 48 hours by mailing circulars, answering emails or placing ads? Come on…
If you are trying to do internet marketing to this elusive group of highly intelligent, nurturing and decision making people, then you better listen up! The delete button is oh so handy, and most moms use it. If you want our attention, then maybe you should treat us like we have a brain! We KNOW about scams, we KNOW the tale tell signs of a scam. Are you promoting your business in the same manner scam artists do? Welp… you could be ticking off a lot of potential recruits/leads.
Use the following checklist to analyze your current internet marketing or web-based promotion campaign.
* Do you use all CAPS in your internet marketing?
– Oh Brother! This is the FIRST thing that sends moms into a delete frenzy. It’s obnoxious, annoying and hard to read. STOP IT!
* Do you charge a fee?
– Can you say… “STAY AT HOME MOM”?? We don’t bring in an extra income. We take care of our children. We do not have $13.50 to send along with a self addressed stamped envelope, you cheap-o! If you have a REAL opportunity, then you should be willing to share it for free.
* Do you use exclamation marks all over the place in your internet marketing?!!!!!!!!!!
– We deal with screaming kids all day….we do not need YOU screaming your opportunity in our faces when we finally find 5 minutes to sit at our computers. How rude.
* Is your ad/email more than 4-5 sentences?
– Forget it. We barely have time in the day to go to the bathroom. Let alone read your dissertation on how to become a millionaire by assembling hair ribbons!
* Are you vague and impersonal with your internet marketing?
– Geesh…like we can’t tell you cranked up the ‘ole ad blaster software this morning and spewed your email to us and 5 million other victims. You want MY attention? Then address me as an individual. Ad blasting does NOT work.You are mainly blasting to other ad blasters who simply delete your ad as you do theirs. How insane and worthless. Get a hobby, you must have too much time on your hands.
* Do you ad blast our boards as part of your internet marketing plan?
– That’s like walking into my house and going to the bathroom on my carpet. This is sacred ground. You will be ignored, laughed at, and eventually unable to participate at all.
Ok… so you’re asking yourself… “Well heck… you moms are a tough crowd!”
Yep…we are… and we deserve some respect. There are over 10,000 class act mom-sites on the internet. If you want to reach us, then advertise in our ezines or on our sites. Want more bang for your marketing buck? The go to the bigger mom sites with large subscriber numbers and heavy traffic.
Internet marketing isn’t rocket science, but there are some rules of etiquette. Just pretend you’re getting ready to use your current campaign on OUR OWN mom! What would she say?
With so many wanting to know how to make money from home, take this one last tip… keep it classy. Keep it professional. If you’re genuine and offering something that’s truly worthwhile, success will happen.
Back to our Work from Home Articles