This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Ask.com Review and Details
**Now IAC Publishing Labs
I think that Ask.com provides an excellent opportunity to anyone who is interested in earning an income from their home and who doesn’t mind moderation work. Like the name of the company implies, Ask.com is a company that’s completely devoted to helping people find the answers to their questions. At the moment more than 227 million people regularly turn to Ask.com for answers, which you can be paid to provide.
Ask.com states that they’re all about;
● creating and maintaining a strong internet culture
● helping improve communication skills
● providing knowledge
● helping everyone cultivate ideas
They have some wonderful opportunities available for freelance independent contractors who are looking for a steady source of income. (They are NOT always hiring though – you’ll need to check their site frequently to see if a position has opened up because they go fast and those working there now rarely leave.)
Prior work at home job listings for Ask.com:
Community Social Media Moderator
Part-Time Telecommute Job
Part-Time Freelance Job
Part-Time Telecommute Job
So — they do offer several telecommuting type positions – but like I said, the opening of such positions is in-frequent, but not out of the question. They seem to advertise openings on big name job sites like Indeed.com. And of course, if I see any openings, I will post them here on the job leads page.
Your Duties as an Ask.com Moderator
Ask.com has high expectations for each of their moderators. If they don’t feel like you’re up for the job, they will delete your account. Each Ask.com moderator mush be able to;
● make sure all posted content conforms to the guidelines stated in sign up agreement
● be able to supply daily internal reports
● maintain a high standard of quality when providing answers
● Note which users use the site most frequently, and engage them in online discussions
● handle several channels
● Communicate well with members
● Be able to smoothly and diplomatically handle disputes
● Have knowledge about the latest social media tools and trends
● be able to work on weekends, evenings, and even on holidays
What Ask.com is Looking For
When the individuals who manage Ask.com go through the applications, there are several things they’re looking for. These things include;
● Strong communication skills
● Attention to details
● A self starter
● A strong work ethic
● Good time management skills
● Experience with both social networking websites and community moderation
● a minimum of one year moderation experience
How Much Will You Earn
Ask.com isn’t forthcoming about the average amount of money that they pay their moderators. However, industry experts state that working part time as a moderator, you should be able to make about $20,000 a year. That’s a nice amount of money to add to your work at home earnings.
Is It Legit
Ask.com is a legit source of income, and they frequently have jobs available. If you don’t have experience moderating, you should contact a local organization in your community and ask if they need anyone to moderate their social networking sites. Even though they might not be able to pay you, doing this unpaid moderation shouldn’t be too difficult and you will gain the experience needed to apply to work for Ask.com
Most people who do moderation work find it very interesting, and it can be a great way to connect with people who share the same interests as you do. Since most of the people you will be dealing with will stick to the rules, the work won’t be difficult. Lots of people have turned moderation into full time, work at home employment.