This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Surveys for Cash or Other Rewards
There is a lot of discussion online on whether you can “really” make money taking surveys. You can. I don’t know of anyone that actually makes a full time income doing it – but you can certainly get paid to take surveys.
Below is a long list of sites that offer online surveys for money. I am always adding new one as I find them and check them out. I personally have made money doing surveys and when I find cash running short (almost always!!!) – I know that surveys are a way that I can “get in there” and make a little extra money. For instance, over the summer, I tend to do more surveys on my ipad or phone when I am out and about at the pool, beach… because I want to make some extra cash for school clothes for the kids. I just keep earning points or cash and know that this is money I am setting aside for something particular. I can typically make anywhere from $100 to $200 doing surveys June, July and August. I pick my dedicated survey sites (many times it will depend on the rewards they offer) – and then I make a little list set aside some time each day and tackle it. Sometimes I get lucky and snag a high paying cash survey here and there. High paying for me is anything $5 and over.
Read my other post on taking surveys: Free, Online Paying Surveys, Cash in Too! for more helpful survey advice and my experiences.
And I know there are so many scams out there or sites that want you to pay for membership to access THEIR list of survey sites – but listen, you don’t need to do that unless you’re really wanting to. There are sites like mine that list them for FREE. The key is signing up, trying them and finding the ones you like and the ones that offer what you want. I have criteria myself — for instance, I don’t like surveys that take more than 30 minutes. No…. I won’t do those unless it’s some super high paying one. I typically like surveys that are 10 to 20 minutes and that interest me. Online surveys for money are not a way to pay your mortgage or retire. That’s for sure – just keeping it real here — but they can and do pay cash month after month.
Start looking through the list below and find the ones that interest you, or sign up for them all — just figure out your survey tackle plan and implement it. I highly recommend creating a free email address just for your surveys. Just go over to gmail or yahoo create and address like mysurveys111@ whatever and use it exclusively for your survey plan of action. Then create the list of your top 10 picks, bookmark them on your tablet, laptop. phone, computer… whatever you’re using and each day be dedicated about it. If you find that one isn’t worth it, dump it… pick up another one.
I try to go with ones that have been in business a long time and have good reputations. I’ll give newer ones a try, many times I’ve been pleasantly surprised – but if they just aren’t working out for me… gone.
So Lets Recap How You’re Going to Make Money Doing Online Surveys
1. Find a free list of surveys (don’t pay!) – just like the one I have below.
2. Create your free “just for surveys” email address.
* There are many others…
3. Start signing up. I’d start with 20 companies that appeal to you. That should be more than enough to get started. Check out their rewards, how they pay… etc — whatever info that’s important to you.
4. I buy the little $1 notepads and write down when I signed up, the name of the company and if they are cash or points. This just helps me keep track. I jot down my passwords too.
5. Now, be sure to bookmark all of your new survey sites that you’ve signed up for and put them all in the same bookmark folder on your tablet, phone, laptop…
6. Each day… set aside whatever time you’re allotting and get in there and do your surveys!
7. After a month — check earnings, time spent, how many surveys you had to do, who paid the quickest.. etc.
8. Although I put this last…. it’s optional. Have a goal. Why are you taking the time to do surveys? Free stuff? A coffee addiction to Starbucks? A special gift, event, holiday?
My List of Online Surveys for Money
New companies crop up all the time, so this page is always being checked and updated, so please bookmark it so that you can find it easily in the future. You might also share this page with friends and family, so that they can check it out as well.
– This has become my favorite survey site for now. I cannot believe how quickly I can snag $30, $40 — even $95 from this site. The quizzes are easy, fun. I do the daily poll.
*Read my article about cashing out $95 from Mintvine.
– Lots of surveys all in one place. Takes the guess work out if you don’t want to spend time searching for surveys. (They do upsell. I just ignored that when I signed up. You don’t have to purchase anything – just skip it.)
– They offer a lot of ways to earn – and surveys are one of them. I’ve personally been with them for years and years.
– They have been in business for over 50 years. You receive an initial survey right off the bat that earns points for you. Thereafter, you’ll receive survey invitations. Every completed survey earns HIpoints that can be exchanged for rewards after doing just a few surveys! As well – every time you complete a survey, you’re entered into their $10,000 Sweepstakes. Reward partners include: Starbucks, Amazon and iTunes.
– Another one of my absolute favorites. They’ve been around forever and pay consistently.
**SavvyCONNECT Projects (part of Survey Savvy) – This is a really great way to earn a decent amount doing surveys and projects. I like it a lot better than other survey programs because it pays better. You do have to install SavvyCONNECT – it’s like a browser addon, but it’s never caused me any issues.
– They pay CASH. This is one of my absolute favorite survey sites. The surveys are short, easy and sometimes actually fun. The higher your “trait” score, the more you can earn. It’s actually a lot of fun. You can cash out at $15.
(Details and Review) –
– Lots of surveys for new moms and a community “feel”.
– Lots of great surveys to earn instantly and they have a phone app too.
– This one is great. Polls are short and you’re paid $1 per poll right to your PayPal account.
– They pay a buck a survey right to your PayPal account and you can take several surveys a day.
– Lots of different surveys.
– They’ve been around for a long time and pay cash for surveys.
– They’ve got surveys that pay up to $75 (I’ve never personally gotten one of those though).
– One of the better paying survey sites. Typically they pay $6 per survey. That’s roughly $18 an hour of you’re up for it.
– Many average making $170+ per year with this survey site. I made over $50 my first month.
– This one is a little different. You actually make money passively by sharing your browsing data. Basically paying you to do what you do anyway — cruising around the internet.
*They used to be Screenwise Trends
– They offer a $5 sign up bonus and many boast making $10 an hour with this site.
Are You Making Some Extra Money Taking Surveys Online? Keep reading…
There are so many survey companies out there today, it’s hard to keep up. That’s why I am asking you to share info on legitimate survey companies that you’ve had experiences with below in the comments section. (Please no recruiting – links will be removed.) The best way to build a great resource is to network and share, so I thank you in advance for helping.