This post may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure for more details.
Mystery Shopping and Other Shopping Type Jobs for Cash
Mystery shopping has been around for ages. And yes, you can make money doing it. You just have to choose legitimate companies, perform your shop duties correctly and fill out and submit all required paper work.
I’ve heard good and bad from those that have tackled mystery shopping. Some absolutely love it and can’t think of earning extra cash any other way. And they are very good at it too. Racking up $100’s a month. Others feel it’s not worth their time and give it up quickly. I think it all depends on how dedicated you are and how organized you can be. I also think it’s a time commitment if you want to really make money. It’s not a thing where you go out one day for an hour and make $100 and get free stuff. Though I have heard that there are test driving car shops that DO pay $100 or more.
There are sites like Paid Shopping Providers and Elite Mystery Shoppers Guide that sell memberships to their “list” of mystery shopping companies. I don’t recommend paying for a list — but if you want it to be as simple as possible, I suppose that option is out there.
There are also guides available to those that want that extra help or insight. I’ve not read any of these guides myself – but they could be helpful as well if you want strategic guidance. There is a great thread on Reddit is you want to check it out. These are people that have actually done mystery shopping and sharing their experience and advice.
Below are companies that offer mystery shopping.
Listing of Mystery Shopping Companies
– Newer mystery shop company that offers work at home doing “phone shops”. No need to leave the house and do shops outside the home.
– New, fun way to start mystery shopping. Includes app on your smartphone to make it easier.
– Mystery shopping and merchandising opportunities.
A Closer Look
-Hospitality and healthcare mystery shops.
– All kinds of shops available, including grocery stores and restaurants.
– If you’re a fan of fast food – you’ll love mystery shopping for this company.
At Your Service Marketing
– Texas, Oklahoma and most of the south and central United States. Mystery shoppers and merchandisers needed.
– If you prefer staying home, they do a lot of phone opps for mystery shoppers.
– Lots of grocery store shops and other retail stores.
– Variety of industries, including retail stores, apartment communities, new homes and auto dealerships
– Love to eat? They offer food shops. Available only in: AL, AZ, FL, GA, LA, MS, OK, TN, TX
Consumer Research Group
– Mainly retail mystery shops.
Corporate Research International
– They mainly focus on banks, convenience stores and other retail stores for their mystery shops.
– They are worldwide, so opps to mystery shop for everyone. Hotels and fine dining.
Cross Financial Group
– This is mostly bank institutions.
– They seem to mostly be fast food, but at times offer finer dining and banking too.
Customer Impact Info
– Their site lists the following shops: Restaurants, Hospitality, Retail, Grocery and Financial.
– Founded in 1983, US and Canada shops. Must have good writing skills and be observant.
Customer Service Experts
– They require a pre-test and verification. Their shops involve airport concession, restaurants, retail, financial service and recreation/destination.
– They recruit nationwide and post mystery shopper jobs each month.
– These shops are for apartments.
– Mainly retail shops.
Global Compliance Services
– Site doesn’t give much info – but have heard they pay well.
Graymark Security Group
– Restaurants and retail shops.
I SPY 4 U
– Their site states: “Evaluations may include anything from ordering take-out at a fast food establishment to fine dining to an overnight stay in a hotel.”
– They work with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike.
– Mainly financial institutions.
– Need to be 18 years old and they pay via PayPal.
– In person customer mystery shops.
– Huge mystery shopping company, mainly grocery type shops. But they offer theater/movie and banking type shops too.
Marketwise Consulting Group
– Financial mystery shops — think banking.
– Cover a variety of shops that can include healthcare and test driving cars.
Measure Consumer Perspectives
– Lots of types of retail shopping jobs can cover nail salons, fast food and more.
Mystery Shoppers, Inc.
– Looks like they cover all kinds of retail, including electronics, diners and more.
National Shopping Service
– This is a great one for those that like doing food shops, and not just fast food.
The Performance Edge
– Typical mystery shops in the hospitality business.
Person to Person Quality
– Financial shops.
– All kinds of retail.
Second to None
– Restaurants and retail.
– Retail and some different shops like amusement parks.
– Typical retail shops.
– Popular shops in infamous Walmart stores.
Are you a mystery shopper or been one in the past? Keep reading…
Mystery shopping is more popular now than ever and I get so many requests for legitimate mystery shopping info. If you would be so kind to share you experience as a mystery shopper or let me know about mystery shopping companies that aren’t listed here, it would be appreciated. You can share in the comment section below. Thank you in advance.